The organ, built and installed in 1845 by Henry Erben of New York City, is the oldest organ in a Long Island church. It was enlarged in 1872 by the firm of Earle and Bradley of Riverhead. The case is a miniature of the church facade, decorated with a cornice of carved whale's teeth and blubber spades. It is a "tracker" organ, using the same mechanism found in European organs dating back to Bach and Buxtehude. The organ was completely restored, including the hand pumping mechanism, and was rededicated in October 1978. Major pipe and mechanism work has been performed, most recently in 2004.